PROFES 2018 will host two co-located workshops that will complement and enhance the main conference program, offering a wider knowledge perspective around the conference topics.
- HELENA – 3rd Workshop on Hybrid Software and System Development Approaches
- QuASD – 2nd International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes
HELENA – 3rd Workshop on Hybrid Software and System Development Approaches
More information: https://helenastudy.wordpress.com/
This workshop continues the software process community work initiated at ICSSP 2016 (Austin, Texas). The HELENA (“Hybrid dEveLopmENt Approaches in software systems development”) study aims to investigate the current state of practice in software and systems development. In particular, we aim to determine which development approaches (traditional, agile, mainstream, or homegrown) are used in practice and how they are combined, how such combinations are developed over time, and if and how standards (e.g., safety standards) affect the development process as such and the methods applied. With this information, we aim to push forward systematic process design and improvement activities to allow for more efficient and lower-overhead development approaches.
In this 3rd Workshop, we aim to bring together all (academic) HELENA contributors to:
- Report the current state and (tentative) outcomes of the HELENA survey (from global and regional perspectives)
- Develop a work program and define next steps within the whole community
- Build working groups, to work on the selected (sub-)topics of interest
Note: For all these agenda items, we will include detailed discussions on an EU Cost Action Network, which will be submitted before the event.
- Paolo Tell, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Stephen MacDonnell, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Sherlock Licorish, Universityof Otago, New Zealand
QuASD – 2nd International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes
The International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes (QuASD@PROFES) aims at investigating product and process quality in the context of agile and rapid software development. The objective of the workshop is to exchange challenges, experiences, and solutions among researchers and practitioners in the aforementioned area to bring agile and rapid software development processes a step further to seamless integrating quality management activities into their practices.
- Claudia Ayala, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
- Silverio Martínez-Fernández, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
- Pilar Rodríguez, University of Oulu, Finland